Decolonized Energy Healing
Time & Location
About the Event
Decolonization is the process of undoing and unlearning the impacts and traumas of colonization, usually through cultural and psychological healing. It is past due that we open the discussion on decolonizing spiritual and wellness practices, as we navigate through the "Renewed Age".
In this course, you will be guided through Energy Healing techniques, histories, and decolonized perspectives on approaching this work with a higher level of Awareness, empathy, and understanding.What we'll be learning:
- How to access Energy Healing + techniques for your daily life
- How to decolonize our Spiritual and wellness practices
- The complex history behind Energy Healing practices (including a look into Reiki healing)
- How to reclaim practices with higher Awareness and avoid appropriation
- Tools to use Energy Healing for yourself and your work
There will be ample time for Q+A's, group discussion, and breaks when needed. Participants are asked to have a journal and a pen handy for personal notes and some journalling exercises. A recording of our session will be sent to participants.
As a comittment to accessibility, this course is available on a sliding scale rate between $20-$40. If you are experiencing financial barriers at this time, please contact me at [email@example.com] for other options on joining the course.
*Please note: this course is a prerequisite before accessing private Reiki Study*This course is for you if:
- You are prepared to join in class exercises and live discussion
- You have access to internet and can use Zoom to join our digital meeting space
- You are open and willing to learning about the decolonization process
- You wish to join in critical thinking, questioning, and conversation
- A quiet and comfortable learning space
- A notebook, paper, or any other tool for keeping notes +some journalling exercises
- Make sure Zoom is downloaded on your device beforehand (it may take a moment to setup)
Q: I've never studied energy healing or Reiki before, can I join the class?
A: Yes! This course is open to anyone who wants to learn more about energywork/ healing from a decolonizing perspective. Beginners and seasoned practitioners are welcome!
Q: I can't join at the class time but can I access the recording of the class?
A: Every class is co-created which means the participants have a say on how the class is run and structured. Out of respect for our participants and the live experience, conversations and exercises will be eiliminated from the recording. If you'd like to hear a replay of the lecture portion and want to support the work, donations are still welcome.
Q: Is this course being taught for a specific culture or practice only?
A: Although I'll be drawing from personal experiences and examples as a filipinx person, this course is meant to be a learning experience for people of all ethnicities and backgrounds. I especially encourage QTBIPOC, LGBTQ2S folx to participate and take part in the conversation and collective learning.
Q: What are your return policies if I register but are unable to join the class?
A: You have 24 hours prior to the event time to request a refund from Eventbrite, unfortunately after that time I cannot process returns. Thank you for understanding!
Have a question that's not covered here? Email me at [firstname.lastname@example.org] and I'll be in touch shortly!